Owner: Barry and Shelly Selland
23186 405th Ave Forestburg, SD 57314
This contract is between Dakota Bulldogges hereinafter referred to as SELLER and , hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________________________________________________
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a puppy born _______________________________________ Litter______________________________________________________
For the sum of $_________________________
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision. The Seller strongly recommends that the puppy/dog be micro-chipped in order to facilitate his return if lost or stolen.
2) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and/or worming will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of their choice within 72 hours for a physical examination. Should puppy/dog be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which the Seller is clearly to blame, the dog may, upon a signed written diagnosis from said licensed veterinarian, be returned for refund of the purchase price. If at anytime during the first year of life, a congenital defect is found that will affect the quality of life of the said puppy the puppy may be returned and another puppy of equal price will be offered and if said is not available, will refund purchase price and original puppy will be returned to seller. This guarantee does not account for minor common breed defects.
3) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Seller is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog in order for the Seller to locate this dog a new home. Refunds, if any, will be at the discretion of the Breeder/ Seller. The dog will be returned with all IOEBA and UCA papers and medical records. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of the dog, the breeder/seller is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The Breeder/ Seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
5) The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, or health. The buyer agrees to keep the seller informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder/Seller with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health or our dogs for future generations.
6) Registration papers will either be provided at time of sale of the puppy or transferred to the Buyer immediately upon receipt from IOEBA and UCA if they are still being processed. Training classes are highly recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family. The Buyer agrees to register the dog using the kennel name of Dakota .
The preceding paragraphs contain conditions established by the Seller to ensure the well being of the puppy/dog. The Buyer’s agreements will continue for the duration of the dog’s life and the Seller will have the right to enforce the agreements.
Agreed to this date____________________________